Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lets Save Our Quarterbacks.

I really enjoy football and watching the sport does give me much enjoyment . As i watched the Vikings and Saints Game i started thinking that Quarterbacks need to be protected. They are such an important part of the game that if a quarterback it does change everything a team does. Watching the game i saw Saints players hitting Bret Farve consistantly after he had gotten rid of the ball. these players were not just running into him ,But they were trying to hurt him. They Saints did have three penalties placed against them for their actions, but they kept doing it and it appeared that the ref's just stoped throwing the flag even when the saints pyledrove Farve into the ground after he had thrown the ball. I thought that maybe the Saints were just trying to mak a point. But after they won they started to make threats toward Payton Manning the quarterback they would be going against in the Superbowl. , these threats were directed at Payton When a team starts keying on one member of a team and verbalizes threats toward that player. I feel it is time to protect that player from those that want to knock him out of the game. Maybe more than creating new rules lets just enforce the ones that are already in place. We need to protect our Quarterbacks and make sure that players that are vunerable are protected.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you like football, but to me its just a bunch of overpaid jocks throwing a pig skin around, slapping each others butts, and swearing. If thats what you are into, thats cool, cause everyone has their own thing. I myself am into stock car racing, dirt tracking. I know some names mostly the famous ones in football but I could not tell you which team they play for or what position they have on the team. Maybe if I watched when I was younger, I might have gotten into football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played Football when i was a bit younger which made it an easy transition from playing into watching. I also drive but do not see the thrill in watching cars drive in circles. The only attraction i can see with car racing is that people are watching for an accident to happen. I think that is kind of morbid and i prefer thinking that there are those people who like watching cars drive in circles ,ovals or what ever configuration that they drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i belive yes the threats are uncalled for but however getting smashed is part of the game. the idea is to smash the one with the ball. its hard for the quarterback becase he has the ball all the time which means hes going to get smashed 90% of the time and they run the game. its a hard job thats why they usualy get paid more money so they know what there in for and get paid for it, so it goes hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete