When i first came to Pa., I had heard that the taxes of Pennsylvania were low and in fact one of the lowest in the nation. When i looked at the property tax i was feeling good about the tax situation. I then moved into my house ( which i bought) and the State, County and Town of Pennsylvania started to tell me that I owed money for this or that. All these requests were small amounts of money . It was constant and something i was not prepared for.
I figure that maybe i could have a yard sale in order to supplement monies paid out I was then told that it would cost me fifteen dollars to have a yard sale. In New York I could have a yard or garage sale for free. So even to sell my own items to try and get all the money they wanted i would have to pay more money. In New York where I am from we pay a federal tax, state tax, county tax and a school tax. All of these taxes we know what they are and how much is owed. I was use to paying an income tax to the Federal Government and the State Government. Here in York county we have to pay an income tax to the county( I have never in my life heard of such a thing) The question I have is what am I getting for this money that York is taking from me. In New York we had a garbage pickup which was Incorporated into our taxes. I do not work in this county was my plea, and they told me I must pay this just because I live in this county. All this and if i wanted to work in this county i must pay fifty dollars for the honor to work hard and pay the county more of my hard earned money. Again I ask what am i getting for my money. I keep asking this question and the best i have gotten from a politician so far is that it is because Pennsylvania is a Common Wealth. I did let him go with that but what does that have to do with Pennsylvania Raping their Peoples under the guise of good government. You might ask why don't i go back to New York and i must say I came down here because of work and once i bought a house i am locked into this area. I am here now and i know that year in and year out I am going to be raped with my Taxes here in Pennsylvania. At Least now I make sure that I have a couple of drinks and a fine cigar waiting for me to help me relax and normally that won't do it but it does lessen the pain.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There are a million little things your taxes go towards. Are all of them necessary? Probably not. Many are a matter of opinion. It angers me when people complain about something without thinking of the situation in terms that do not solely involve themselves. Your taxes pay for children's healthcare, food for the hungry, and housing supplement for the poor. Are all of these programs free from abuse and corruption? Of course not but there is good done with this money. Reform of the tax code is of course needed both at the state and national level. If you do not wish to have this level of taxation or wish to see your tax dollars used in a way more fitting to your beliefs then by all means write your state and national congressmen or better yet get involved in politics. Work towards the world you want to live in.
ReplyDeleteI agree that taxes are used for some good and the point i am making is that i am paying more taxes in Pennsylvania than i do in New York and i do not get anything out of my taxes here. As for contacting congressmen or senators ; i might as well talk to my shoe i would learn more. They did not want to talk to me about such trivia and could not answer any of my questions. Now i put forth if you know where my tax dollars are going please share this information at least with those who supposedly represent us. I am paying more tax now and getting less representation, and i am getting less for my money. Thanks for answering. PLease explain the $50.00 right to work that a person would have to pay. and the income tax to the county.
ReplyDeleteSorry it took me so long to get back to you. I know that the right to work tax is used in Harrisburg to pay for EMT service, something I think we all can agree is necessary. I do not know if the same 50 dollars is used in York.
ReplyDeleteI think more then anything, its not the cost of this tax but the name. It offends the strong protestant work ethic thats ingrained in most Americans.
How does the State of New York Do it with out all these extra taxes that pennsylvania finds they need to remain and it takes me a back when i find a group of people so duped into this is the way it is and it takes care of so many good things it must be the right way to go. I have to ask Why? and where is this money going. As i said earlier i am from New York and i am conditioned to ask why? Why does it cost Pensylvania so much of my money to accomplish less than What i was getting in New York.
ReplyDelete